Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Petra and back

I go downstairs for breakfast the next day. I have breakfast with the Seattle/Holland couple. I know the lady is truly from Everette when we start talking about coffee and she brings up the cowgirl coffee stands. She has some nice stories. For those not familiar with cowgirl coffee stands; they are coffee drive through where the baristas are dressed in bikinis. The have different themes. They might dress up like police officers one day, meaning wearing a police hat and hanging a night club at the waist, or wearing firemen boots, ect. Of course I only know this through the news. Never been to one myself, but then again I don't live in Everette.

After breakfast we all take the shuttle to the entrance of Petra.
The couple decide to hire a guide. I decide to explore on my own. Petra is a big place. There are many things to see. I walk around quite a bit and get lost. Run into some English folks who are lost as well. I use the compass and we head into the right direction. I manage to climb almost to the top of Aaron's mount. Quit a hike. I also climb to the monastery, 800 steps up and guess what 800 steps down, at least that is what I am told. I run into some folks who I met in Feynan. We are all surprised to be meeting in Petra.
This takes up almost the entire day. I return to the hotel, have an early dinner and crash.
The drive back is not as exciting. The driver is very careful and drives slow.

No comments:

Post a Comment